Search This Blog

Monday, November 22, 2010

Durkey


When I was in college, Jim McGuiggan told a story drawn from a movie he had seen. The movie was about a rich father with a son named Durkey.  (Not, Turkey—Durkey.)

The father owned a couple of planes and Durkey was out flying in one of them with the father's pilot. There was trouble, they radioed “Mayday”, and they crashed in the desert. 

The authorities searched and found the plane, the pilot was dead and, Durkey, aged 7, had wandered off.  The authorities called the father and told him the story. 

He called a print shop owned by a friend and had several 1000 pamphlets printed up. Then the father got in his other plane and flew up over the crash area and dropped these pamphlets from the sky.

Durkey picked up one of the sheets and it said, "Durkey, I know you're afraid, but don't worry, I love you, I'm looking for you, and I’ll find you."

If I was 7 years old and found that note, it would help me.

Nevertheless, there was a time I was lost and and had wandered away from my Heavenly Father. He sent me a message, a love letter, really, in flesh.

The message said, “Mark, I know your lost and I know you are afraid. But I love you, I’m looking for you, and I’ll find you.” And He did.

Jesus was my message from God.

14The Word became a human being and lived here with us. We saw his true glory, the glory of the only Son of the Father. From him all the kindness and all the truth of God have come down to us (John 1:14). CEV

No comments:

Post a Comment