Search This Blog

Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Angel of Comfort


            I don’t know if this is truth or legend. I received it several years ago. It did not contain the author’s name:

            When my oldest son Scotty was 3 years old he was blessed with the gift of "chicken-pox" from his older sister. Well, I had been taught that a child with chicken pox had to stay in a dark room so that their eyes would not be damaged! Try keeping a 3 year old in bed....much less in a darkened room!
            One afternoon, it was dark and stormy, and I heard my son calling me in panic. When I got to his room, he was crying with his heard covered up...telling me how afraid he was. I quickly took him in my arms and started to pray and he calmed right down, but didn't want me to leave the room. I pointed to a picture of an angel with 2 children that was hanging on the wall. I went into great detail about how huge this mighty angel was, how powerful...and told Scotty that he was right there in the room to protect him!
            Good story right???
           Well, Scotty immediately sat up in bed, and looked at me and said, "That does it Mom, now I really am scared!!!"
            Today Scotty is 40 and a minister!

            We all say things to our kids that did not generate the response that we hoped. Thankfully, we have a heavenly Father who wants to win those kids to Him even more than we do.


           

No comments:

Post a Comment