Search This Blog

Thursday, July 26, 2012

Three Rings


            At the end of the New England Patriots historic undefeated regular season, quarterback Tom Brady was interviewed on the TV program, 60 Minutes. Reflecting on the success he had achieved in our American culture, Brady said:

Why do I have three Super Bowl rings and still think there is something greater out there for me? I mean, maybe a lot of people would say, “Hey man this is what it is.” I reach my goal, my dream, my life. Me, I think, “God, it's got to be more than this.” I mean this isn't, this can't be what it's all cracked up to be.

            Tom Brady had encountered the problem all humans do: the realization that there has got to be more to life than this. People instinctively realize that something transcends their lives. That “something” is God. People were created to know God.
            I hope Tom Brady has come to know God. 
            Do you?

Source: Preaching the Word: 1 & 2 Thessalonians by James Grant


No comments:

Post a Comment