Search This Blog

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Spiritual Blessings


            Yesterday was my birthday and it was a good one. I was reminded of a birthday card someone purchased for a friend several years ago. It began inspirationally:

Forget about the past, You can't change it.

Forget about the future, You can't predict it.

             But then the recipient opened up the card and saw this inside:

Forget about the present, I didn't buy you one.

            Well, I didn’t need a material present to feel blessed on my birthday. As a matter of fact, it was the intangible (and spiritual) things that brought me so much happiness. For example, the greetings I received in cards and in the social media, such as Facebook. It wasn't the ink and pixils that made those so special, it was the sentiments that they represented and that were passed along. For those, I am truly grateful.
            They are yet another reminder that there is an unseen world that impacts us, for good or for bad, even more so than the seen world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment