Search This Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

The Phone Call


            Dick Stovall wrote a bulletin article, several years ago, where he told of a new attorney, who had just opened up his office. He was concerned about building a clientele and, as he heard someone at the door and saw the door opening, he grabbed up the phone, thinking that he must impress this prospective client that he was busy.      
           Pretending he had someone on the phone he said, “Well, I’m very sorry, but it will be at least two weeks due to my present case load before I could possibly take your case.”
            He put down the receiver and asked the man standing in front of his desk, “Yes, Sir, and what can I do for you?”
            The man grinned and said, “I’m here to hook up your phone.”
            Over and over again, Jesus preached against the sin of hypocrisy. Authenticity and integrity are close to His heart.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment