Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

The Talking Lab


             An old joke goes like this:

            A guy is driving around and sees a sign in front of a house: Talking Dog For Sale.  He rings the bell and the owner tells him the dog is in the backyard.  The guy goes out and sees a Lab sitting there. 
            “You talk?” he asks. 
            “Yep,” the Lab replies.  
            “So, what’s your story?” 
            The Lab says, “Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young and I wanted to help the government.  So I told the CIA and in no time they had me eavesdropping on spies and world leaders.  For 8 years I was 1 of the most valuable spies.  But I got tired and I wanted to settle down.  I retired and was awarded a batch of metals.  I got married, had a mess of puppies, and now I’m retired.”
            The guy goes back and asks how much for the dog? 
            “$10,” he’s told. 
            "Why so cheap? The dog is amazing."
            “He’s a liar. He didn’t do any of that stuff.”

            Think Jesus was addressing situations like this when he said, “Simply let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No’…”?  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment