Search This Blog

Monday, April 2, 2012

The Bank Robber


            Christians have the potential to cause either great harm or great good to the cause of the Lord with their moral lives. Stuart Briscoe tells a story about an episode that took place when he was in the banking business in England.
            An investigation revealed that a coworker had embezzled a tremendous amount of money from the bank. His excuse was that he was living a double life and that it was too expensive.
            He had two wives, two homes, and two families. He apologized profusely, adding, “I am very sorry for what I have done; now I need to know whether I should fill my preaching commitments on Sunday in a local church.” (I think I would've been tempted to ask him, “Both churches?”)
           Our witness can be destroyed by the way we live our lives.

SOURCE: DEUTERONOMY by Doug McIntosh

No comments:

Post a Comment