Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Gimme, Gimme, Gimme!


A few years ago, actress/model Shari Belafonte left her husband, film executive Bob Harper, for actor Sam Behrens.  Her justification?  "It took me 30 years to come to the realization that I'm not on Earth for somebody else.  Sam was the first thing that came into my life that I said, 'Forget what everybody else says-I want that, and I'm gonna have it.'  When I found Sam, it was like, 'Gimme, gimme, gimme!'"

I can think of no better parable to explain the sinful nature of man.  Whenever we sin, no matter what the sin, we have the fundamental attitude, at that moment in our heart, and will of, "I'm not on Earth for somebody else.  I want that and I'm gonna have it." Can you see the selfishness in this attitude?

Be aware, it is not in Shari Belafonte alone we see this attitude. We see it, when man seeks power in his business for his own personal gain. It lies at the root of the heart that motivates a wife to manipulate her husband.  It is the gut feeling within the teen-ager, when he commits to break the law by guzzling a cold one.

Jesus claimed to model, for us, the way to life. The aforementioned attitude is the antithesis of the mind of Christ. Check out what the Apostle Paul says about this in Phil. 4:1-8.


No comments:

Post a Comment