Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Planning for Your Trip



John 14:2--In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.

The U. S. had two severe gas shortages in the 1970s: one in 1973 and one in 1979. During both crises, it was common for long lines to form at the gas pumps.

This was the era, when service stations offered attendants to pump the gasoline for customers (those born after that era have no idea what I am talking about), and the parable is told of a preacher waiting in line to buy gas. The line was long and people were getting testy. It was the holiday season-many were in a hurry to begin their trips to see relatives-and they were particularly irritable.

When his turn arrived, the preacher pulled up to the pump. The attendant commented to him, “I sure wish people would plan their trips.”

The preacher replied, “Yes, I know exactly what you are talking about. I have the same problem in my profession.”

Phil. 3: 20a--But our citizenship is in heaven...


Eternity, preparing for eternity, John 14:2, gas shortage, Phil. 3: 20 

No comments:

Post a Comment