Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Do You Know Where You’re Going To?


Legend has it that former Senator Dwight W. Morrow was on a train departing from New York City back in the first half of the twentieth century. Suddenly, he became aware that his railroad ticket was missing.

Talking to himself, he said aloud, “I must find that ticket.” Morrow was a wealthy man, and one of the nation’s most recognizable, consequently, the conductor said to him, “Don’t worry about it, Mr. Morrow. We know you had a ticket. Just mail it to the railroad when you find it.”

Morrow responded, “That’s not what’s troubling me. I need to find it to know where I’m going.”

It is a terrible thing to not know where you are going.

I am glad to serve a God of history who knows where He is going with it.


No comments:

Post a Comment