Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Triumph’s Secret


            I chuckled, when I read something a few years ago, the Academy Award Winning Actress, Maurine Stapleton, said, "I've been asked repeatedly what the 'key' to acting is, and as far as I'm concerned, the main thing is to keep the audience awake."
            Now, more than ever, I’m convinced achievements, even great achievements, are NOT based upon complicated maneuvers. Rather, achievements are the result of a number of simple things, done in proper order, and done well.
            I am reminded of this every time someone gives me an email address over the phone. If I miss one letter, nothing will work. But if I slow down and work methodically (“a” as in “apple”, “c” as in “cow”….), everything will function fine.
            Every triumph includes this question: what can I do right now to meet the goal?


No comments:

Post a Comment