Search This Blog

Friday, May 13, 2011

Getting Along


            Anyone knowing me knows Phillip Yancey is one of my favorite writers. In his book WHAT’S SO AMAZING ABOUT GRACE (p. 33), he writes:

            Mark Twain used to say he put a dog and a cat in a cage together as an experiment, to see if they could get along. They did, so he put in a bird, pig and goat. They, too, got along fine after a few adjustments. Then he put in a Baptist, Presbyterian, and Catholic; soon there was not a living thing left.

            I wonder if Jesus looks at Christians today… and mourns. Here is what He prayed, Father, I pray that they can be one. As you are in me and I am in you, I pray that they can also be one in us. Then the world will believe that you sent me” (John 17:21). NCV

No comments:

Post a Comment