Search This Blog

Monday, May 2, 2011

“Tell Him I’m Out”


            I was touched by a story reported by Moody Bible Institute a few years ago. It concerned the Christian author, Stuart Briscoe.
            Briscoe, as a young man, had gotten a job with a bank. One day, his boss told him, "If Mr. _______ calls for me, tell him I'm out."
            Briscoe replied, "Oh, are you planning to go somewhere?"
            "No, I just don't want to speak to him, so tell him I'm out."
            "Let me make sure I understand--Do you want me to lie for you?"
            The boss erupted in anger.
            Stuart prayed quickly in his mind, and responded in a way, he believed, that would please God, "You should be happy, because if I won't lie for you, isn't it safe to assume that I won't lie to you?"
            James 5:12b, Let your “Yes” be yes, and your “No,” no, or you will be condemned.


No comments:

Post a Comment