Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

How Do Firemen Find Fire Hydrants?


           I read about a nursery school teacher who was driving a vanload of kids home one day, when a fire truck rushed past.  A Dalmatian was faithfully sitting in the front seat of the fire truck.
            This created quite a discussion for the children! First question—what was the dog’s duties?
            One child said, “They use him to keep crowds back.”
            Another answered, “No! He’s just for good luck.”
            A third child won the prize for best answer, “They use the dogs to find the fire hydrants.”
            Ah, the joy of discovery. Now, I don’t know if those dogs are up to all of those things (which I had not previously known!), but I do believe that someday--in eternity--I’ll find out a lot more about Jesus’ activities in this world.
            The writer of Hebrews wrote, “God's Son has all the brightness of God's own glory and is like him in every way. By his own mighty word, he holds the universe together” (Heb. 1:3a.) 
             I don’t know what all is involved in holding the universe together, but I bet it is a lot!
           

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mark, Greetings from the not-so-frozen tundra of Wisconsin! I just ran across your blog and it gets my vote as favorite find of the week. I added you to my fave list. Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks, Gary. It's great hearing from you. I have many wondeful memories of Oshkosh. Blessings my friend.

    ReplyDelete