Search This Blog

Friday, January 13, 2012

The Young Writer


            I appreciate stories that encourage perseverance. An old story tells of a little girl, who was diligently pounding away on her grandfather’s computer. 
            “What are you working on?” he asked.
            “I’m writing a story,” she replied.
            “What’s it about?” he asked.
            “I don’t know,” she replied. “I can’t read yet.”
            Write on, young lass! 
            Some say a major theme of the Bible is perseverance. I would agree. For example, I think Paul was speaking of perseverance when he wrote this, “But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus”(Phil. 3:13b-14.) ESV


No comments:

Post a Comment