Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Doing Time


            Men, never get into a fight with Sandra Coast. Sandra recently completed the U.S. Army Basic Combat Training school. She is 51 years old. Not only did she finish her training, her marks were among the highest in her company.
            Sandra had already served in the United States Navy from 1982 to 1993. Because of that, she was given exemptions that allowed her to enlist in the Army. Also, because of her experience, she graduated as a sergeant.
            You might ask, “Why did she join?” She joined because she wanted to support our American troops.
            I really like this story. I like it because it tells of a person who has spent many years serving her country. If anyone is entitled to say, “I've done my time, I'm going to sit back and let someone else do the work,” it is Sandra. However, Sandra felt she still had much to offer. She saw there was still much to be done, and she volunteered to help do it.
            Too many times in churches, I see mature Christians who cultivate the attitude of, “I've done my time; I'm going to sit back and let someone else do the work.” Where is that in Scripture!
            When many of us were children, we sang the song, “I'm in the Lord's army.” This song is true. There is much to be done. May we help God do it until we draw our last breath.

 Source: World Magazine


No comments:

Post a Comment