Search This Blog

Monday, January 24, 2011

No Community


            Several years ago, a courier sent the following to READER’S DIGEST:

As a courier for an express delivery service, I tried to deliver a package that required refrigeration, but found no one home. I went to the house next door and told the woman who answered that I had a package for her neighbor. 
"Oh, she works Monday through Friday and every other Saturday," said the woman, "and some Sundays. She leaves about 7:40 in the morning and gets home around 5:30, unless she goes to the store, in which case it's closer to seven. And she's going to the store tonight because her kids are coming to visit—one all the way from California!"
            When she paused to take a breath, I asked if she would accept her neighbor's package. "Oh, no, I can't do that," she said. "I don't know her that well."

            Some people don’t want to experience community; they want to keep others at arms length. God calls for people to live in community.

No comments:

Post a Comment