Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Where Is He Going?


Legend has it that the great biblical commentator, Matthew Henry, went to London, as a young man and met a young lady of nobility and wealth. They fell in love. She asked her father if she could marry him. He replied, "He's got no background; you don't know where he's come from."

Her reply? "Yes, I know, but I know where he's going, and I want to go with him." 

I like that. When it comes to making disciples of people (for Jesus), we can easily overlook someone because of where they come from. God sees where they can go.

I Sam. 16:7--But God told Samuel, "Looks aren't everything. Don't be impressed with his looks and stature. I've already eliminated him. God judges persons differently than humans do. Men and women look at the face; God looks into the heart." THE MESSAGE


No comments:

Post a Comment