Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The Redheaded Salesperson


            One definition of integrity is doing the right thing when no one is watching. A parable, perhaps a true story, tells of a company that had advertised for a salesperson. They received this reply:

            I am at present selling furniture at the address below. You may judge my sales ability if you will stop in to see me at any time, pretending that you are interested in buying furniture.
            When you come in you can identify me by my red hair. And I will have no way of identifying you.
            Such salesmanship as I exhibit during your visit, therefore, will be no more than my usual workday approach, and not a special effort to impress a prospective employer.

            Hundreds applied for that job; the redheaded furniture salesperson won it. This makes me think of what Paul wrote to the Colossians, Work from the heart for your real Master, for God, confident that you'll get paid in full when you come into your inheritance (Col. 3:23.) THE MESSAGE
           
Source: Bits & Pieces, March 3, 1994

No comments:

Post a Comment